Friday, November 6, 2009

6 Months and 1 Day




Did I mention that consistency is not exactly my strong point? So it's been a while since my last, er...first, post...6 months and one day to be exact. The sad thing is that I convinced my wonderful friend Katherine to start a blog and we started on the same day yet she has all these great posts with photos, recipes, ideas etc. and I have my one lonely post. I don't exactly know who I am writing to. I have only one follower and that would be my aforementioned friend...Hi Kath!

So, anyway...I started homeschooling my 2 children this year. I know what you're asking yourselves right now, and let me just answer that question....YES, I am CRAZY. Don't get me wrong, It is so fabulous to be able to be with my children 24/7...but, it really starts to get to you after a while! I have this new appreciation for silence and well, red wine, yep that helps too. My children are doing some really wonderful activities though. Let's see, there's archery, pottery, glass blowing, African drumming. And the usual stuff like piano, golf etc. BTW...my kids are Gwendolyn 10 and James 9. I'll post some pics of them as soon as I figure out how.

With homeschooling anything is an opportunity to learn. So, we took two vacations in the past few months and, embracing the spirit of homeschooling, we opted to go to Washington D.C. and Salem & Plymouth Mass. Being a native New Yorker I have a hard time finding the "CITY" in other "cities". Well, let me say that D.C. & Boston are fabulous cities that I would leave NY to live in. Lots of culture & history. I thoroughly enjoyed both. What more can you ask for than really cheap, clean & efficient public transportation, loads of trendy boutiques & eateries and countless FREE Museums! That's what we found in D.C. Boston was a bit bigger than D.C. with a lot more congestion & horrible traffic, but it was very pretty & clean AND we saw Val Kilmer there and that was cool. Plymouth Rock is a rock. And a small rock at that. We did take a Haunted Ghost tour of Plymouth with gas lanterns and everything! Walked through the graveyard (my kids are brave) in the pitch dark! Loved it! Ghost tours have become a bit of a tradition for our vacations. We did one in Philadelphia which was great fun as well.

I can understand why "real" bloggers blog more frequently...a lot happens in 6 months and 1 day!





No comments:

Post a Comment